Before Your Appointment
* Hair must be at least ¼ inch long.This may take up to 2 (or more) full weeks or more after you shave. If you come in too soon, your hair may not be long enough and we may not be able to perform your service.
* Your skin is more sensitive the week before your menstrual cycle so waxing may feel more painful. If you are feeling sensitive, take 2 Aleve 1 hour before your appointment. Most clients comment that the Brazilian is not as painful as they anticipated.
* We are not able to wax anyone who is taking internal medication for the skin such as Accutane.
* If you are interested in a facial waxing service, please tell us about the skin care products you are currently using prior to your appointment. We want to ensure it is safe for you to get the service. Products containing glycolic, lactic, or salicylic acids and/or vitamin A are important to note. Specifically, mention if you are using Retin-A and/or skin lighteners, like Obiagi.
* We are not able to wax anyone with a sunburn or who has been in a tanning bed the same day as their scheduled waxing appointment.
* If you have a spray-tan, it will come off with the waxing service in areas that you are waxed.
* Let us know if you have any allergies or if you have had any problems with past waxing appointments.
* Please be on time. We need the full amount of time to perform a quality waxing service. If you are too late for your appointment, you will be charged for the full amount of your service and you will need to reschedule.
* We understand that sometimes you might get your period unexpectedly. Although this may make you feel shy about your wax appointment, please don’t worry. Come in as planned and wear a tampon. You may also use your appointment time for other services. If you choose to reschedule, CS Skin Care 24-hour cancellation policy still applies and you will be charged for the full amount of the service.
During Your Appointment
* The appointment lengths are estimated based on the average time needed for each service. Your service may not take the entire time. You are paying for a service, not a set amount of time. However, we ask that you plan for the full amount of time. We do our best to stay on time.
* We offer complete privacy during our waxing appointment. You will have time to get undressed and dressed in our private treatment room.
After Your Appointment
* Do not shave between waxing appointments. Shaving will make your wax more painful and cause broken hairs, leaving the skin feeling prickly.
* Wait 24-48 hours after each waxing service before exposing your skin to sunlight or extremely hot water. (Avoid: hot tubs, bath tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc.). If you’ve had facial waxing, it is important to wear sunblock.
* Plan on being pink in the freshly waxed area. For some people this mild inflammation will go away quickly but for others it may take 12-24 hours before redness disappears.
* Exfoliate between waxing appointments to smooth the skin and avoid ingrown hairs. If you are prone to ingrown hairs, please let us know as we have several products to remedy this problem.
* Do not pick at ingrown hairs. This will only leave scars making the skin more prone to in-growns in the future.
* The average time between waxing services is 4-6 weeks. This makes waxing less painful and prevents broken and ingrown hairs.
* It is not recommended to do a strenuous workout immediately after a waxing appointment. The sweat can irritate the hair follicles.
* The Supra Core bath mitt is available for purchase in our shop at your appointment and online in our shopping cart. It lasts 2 years, and does not grow bacteria or mold. It is great for helping prevent or get rid of in-grown hairs and exfoliates your skin in the shower so you will have smooth skin.
PFB Vanish is an excellent roll-on product. We also carry this at our shop and it is great for getting rid or preventing in-grown hairs.
* Please note that some individuals will experience break outs on their face or ingrown hairs on their body. It is something that we can not fore see. When you get a waxing service there is a level of risk involved. If your skin is dry or you are using exfoliating product or ingredients (such as Vit A, Retin – A, retinol, AHA’s glycolic, lactic, salicylic acids, benzyl peroxide and more….) or medications it can cause the skin to lift. This is uncommon but can happen. Please let us know ahead of time if you are using or taking ANY thing we should know about so we can take per-cautions.
* If you have any questions or concerns, please ask. We understand that even though we are trained waxing artists, you may not have done this before and may need more information. Thank you for choosing Caelie Steele Skin Care/CS Skin Care & Makeup. We look forward to seeing you!