New to waxing? Don’t miss our list of helpful tips! View Waxing Tips »
CS Skincare & Makeup is known for having the best brazilian and bikini wax in San Francisco and Santa Rosa. We use two high quality European waxes. One is a strip wax, also called a soft wax, and the other is a hard wax. Both are great for sensitive skin. To get the most out of your wax, we suggest you follow these guidelines:
- Discontinue all active ingredients (exfoliating) 14 days prior to any waxing. This would include: AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Salicylic, glycolic, and lactic), Benzoyl peroxide and any form of topical vitamin A. Please inform your Esthetician if you have started using these products before your service.
- Hair must be at least ¼ inch long
- If you are feeling sensitive, take 2 Aleve 1 hour before your appointment.
- No shaving between waxing appointments. Shaving will make your wax more painful and cause broken hairs, which will leave the skin feeling prickly.
- No direct sunlight or extremely hot water on the area 24 hours post wax. If you’ve done facial waxing it is important to wear sunblock.
- No waxing if you are taking or using any medication that will thin the skin, such as Accutane or Retin-A.
- The skin is more sensitive the week before your menstrual cycle so waxing may feel more painful.
- Plan on being pink in the freshly waxed area. For some people that mild inflammation will go away quickly and others might need 12-24 hours.
- Exfoliate between waxing appointments to avoid ingrown hairs and smooth the skin.
- No picking!!!
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please contact us. We understand that although we are seasoned waxing artists you may not have done this before and need more information.