Waxing Tips (please read before your waxing appointment)
Caelie Steele Skin Care (CS Skin Care & Makeup) is known for having the best Brazilian and bikini wax and we are Famous for our Eye Brows Waxing and Design (in both San Francisco and Sonoma county). We use two high quality European waxes. One is a strip wax, also called a soft wax, and the other is a hard wax. Both are great for sensitive skin. To get the most out of your wax, we suggest you follow these guidelines;
*Discontinue all active ingredients (exfoliating) 14 days prior to any facial waxing. This would include: AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids: salicylic, glycolic, and lactic), benzoyl peroxide and any form of topical vitamin A. Please inform your Esthetician if you have started using these products before your service.
* Peels – if you have had any chemical peels, cosmeceuticlas facial peels you may need wait any where from two to 12 weeks before it is safe to do any facial waxing. Consult with your Esthetician, physician or the skin professional on the recommended wait time.
* Hair must be at least ¼ inch long
* If you are feeling sensitive, take 2 Aleve 1 hour before your appointment.
* No shaving between waxing appointments. Shaving will make your wax more painful and cause broken hairs, which will leave the skin feeling prickly.
* No direct sunlight or extremely hot water on the area 24 hours post wax. If you’ve done facial waxing it is important to wear sunblock.
* No waxing if you are taking or using any medication that will thin the skin, such as Accutane or Retin-A.
* The skin is more sensitive the week before your menstrual cycle so waxing may feel more painful.
* Plan on being pink in the freshly waxed area. For some people that mild inflammation will go away quickly and others might need 12-24 hours.
* Exfoliate between waxing appointments to avoid ingrown hairs and smooth the skin. Best home care products to prevent in-grown hairs is the “Supra Core – honey comb bath” mitt and PFB Vanish. Click here to purchase.
Learn more (on our beauty blog) about how to prevent, heal in-grown hairs and improve the discoloration/scare tissue Click Here.
* No picking!!!
* If you have any questions or concerns at all, please just ask. We understand that although we are seasoned waxing artists you may not have done this before and need more information.